Sananda TV - Wikipedia
|Network||cable television network|
|Headquarters||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Picture format||4:3 1080p SDTV|
|Launched||July 25, 2011|
|Closed||November 7, 2012|
Sananda TV (Bengali:সানন্দা টিভি) was a 24-hour Bengali General Entertainment Channel owned by ABP Group. It was launched on 25 July 2011. However, it was shut down on 7 November 2012.
Programs broadcast by Sananda TV
- Note : Some programs might have not been included.
- Alpo Alpo Premer Galpo
- Amar Naam Joyeeta
- Ami Sei Mey
- Bengali Movie (This program showed several Bengali films)
- Bindi (A soap opera on two girls' life who are poles apart from each other)
- Bhola Maheshwar (A mythological and spiritual drama on Lord Shiva's life)
- Mrs Sinha Roy (Aired on the 2030 HRS (IST) slot. The show was aborted inadvertently)
- Nader Nemai (A mythological and spiritual drama on Chaitanya Mahaprabhu or Nemai)
- Nayika (second successful show after Bindi ended abruptly for financial reasons)
- Proloy Asche (A 50-episode daily serial directed and produced by noted Bengali film director Raj Chakraborty aired on Mon-Fri at 2200 HRS (IST) slot)
- Rannabati (Cookery show)
- Sobinoy Nibedon (A drama based on the situation after a Marwari girl marries a Bengali boy)
- Ta Bole Ki Prem Debo Na
- Jabab Kinte Chai
Sananda TV shut down 15 months after its launch on 7 November 2012.
- ^ "ABP to start Bengali entertainment channel, takes cue from Star Jalsha".
- ^ "ABP Group to launch Bengali GEC Sananda on July 25 > afaqs! News & features". Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- ^ "Sananda-TV-to-tap-Bengali-mark".
- ^ "Sananda Bengali TV Channel – Anandabazar Patrika – Sabinay Nibedan & Prolay Asche".
- ^ a b Television, Indian (20 October 2012). "Sananda TV shuts down". Retrieved 8 November 2012.