Giant tortoise (disambiguation) - Wikipedia
Giant tortoise or giant tortoises may also refer to:
- Galápagos giant tortoise, Chelonoidis nigra are a complex of the largest living species of tortoise.
- Pinta giant tortoise or Pinta Island tortoise, Chelonoidis abingdonii, is a species of Galápagos tortoise native to Ecuador's Pinta Island that is most likely extinct since the death of Lonesome George
- Volcán Wolf giant tortoise, Chelonoidis becki, is a species of Galápagos tortoise native to the north side of Ecuador's Isabela Island
- Narborough Island giant tortoise or Fernandina Island tortoise Chelonoidis phantasticus, is a species of Galápagos tortoise that was last seen in 1906, until a single female individual was rediscovered living on Fernandina Island in February 2019.
- Aldabrachelys, a genus of giant tortoises of the Seychelles and Madagascan radiations
- †A. abrupta - Abrupt giant tortoise
- †A. grandidieri - Grandidier's giant tortoise
- Aldabra giant tortoise, A. gigantea with recognised subspecies:
- †Cylindraspis an extinct genus of tortoise with the following species:
- †C. indica, Réunion giant tortoise, from Réunion
- †C. inepta, Saddle-backed Mauritius giant tortoise, from Mauritius
- †C. peltastes, Domed Rodrigues giant tortoise, from Rodrigues
- †C. triserrata, Domed Mauritius giant tortoise, from Mauritius
- †C. vosmaeri, Saddle-backed Rodrigues giant tortoise, from Rodrigues
- †Tenerife giant tortoise, Centrochelys burchardi, a species of tortoise endemic to the island of Tenerife, in the Canary Islands
- †Gran Canaria giant tortoise, Centrochelys vulcanica, a species of tortoise endemic to the island of Gran Canaria, in the Canary Islands
- †Megalochelys atlas, an extinct species of giant tortoise, the largest known tortoise in the fossil record
- Yellow-footed tortoise (Chelonoidis denticulatus), also known as the Brazilian giant tortoise
- Bolson tortoise, (Gopherus flavomarginatus), also known as the Mexican giant tortoise
- Key: † indicates extinct.
- †Archelon, the largest turtle ever to have been documented
- Largest prehistoric animals - turtles and tortoises section
- Largest reptiles - turtle section
- Large tortoiseshell, a species of butterfly
- All article titles containing the words 'Giant tortoise'